The 25 vehicles in RM Sotheby's Pinnacle Portfolio collection were all special, but at the end of the night four Ferraris were among the auctions top five sellers. The only one to break the Prancing Horse's lead was a very rare examples of the McLaren F1.
Mclaren F1 Lm
The McLaren F1 is 20-year-old exotic that was the most expensive production car in the world when it went on sale for 540,000 pounds. That's about $810,000 US at current rates; in 1995, however, while the pound-to-dollar exchange rate was about the same as today, the automotive world hadn't got used to there being a new million-dollar car announced or launched every quarter.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX