Veteran racer Mattias Ekström campaigns the meanest looking Audi S1 on the block in the FIA World Rallycross Championship. With 600 horsepower on tap, it can reach 60 miles per hour in a claimed 1.9 seconds. However, for Ekstrom's latest race in the Audi pits him against a pint-sized doppelgänger in the form of an RC replica of the rallycross machine.
If we've said it once, we've said it a thousand times, but it warrants repeating – in context especially – that there exists an ocean of difference between stock car racing in America and touring cars overseas. And we're talking about more than geography here. The cars are different, the tracks are different, the drivers, the fans... and so too is the racing. But the two are about to take one step closer when two-time DTM champion Mattias Ekström takes on NASCAR.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX