As a car culture, we throw the word "iconic" too much, but if there's anything it has ever applied to – when it comes to racing liveries especially – surely it's the legendary stripes of Martini Racing. The Italian vermouth brand has sponsored everything from Porsche endurance racers to Lancia rally cars. It's followed Ford into the WRC and Alfa Romeo into DTM. It's even sponsored offshore racing powerboats. But when it comes to Formula One, it's come and gone over the years.
Martini And Rossi
We've got to hand it to Porsche – the company certainly knows how to pull our heart strings. As if we weren't already been smitten with the 918 Spyder, the automaker has the audacity to wrap one up in its historic Martini livery before sending it out to the Nürburgring for testing. Up above you can see it lifting a wheel at the Little Carousel.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX