Tesla Motors co-founder Martin Eberhard took delivery of his Founders' Series Tesla Roadster in the summer of 2008. Apparently, a 16-year-old without a driver's license (and who might be an illegal resident) recently crashed into Eberhard's electric vehicle and ended the fun drives, at least for a while. Eberhard himself is fine – he said the accident was "No big story really" and the teenage driver was taken from the scene in handcuffs. Here's how Eberhard described it at the Tesla Motors
About a month ago we heard that Martin Eberhard had decided to drop his defamation and breach of contract lawsuit against Elon Musk and Tesla Motors. Now comes word that Eberhard and the defendants have actually reached a settlement. Given the ruling of the judge in the case that the suit could proceed, apart from the claim that Musk was falsely claiming a role as co-founder, the settlement should not come as a surprise.
The civil lawsuit filed by Tesla co-founder Martin Eberhard against Tesla Motors and its CEO Elon Musk has been suddenly dropped. It was just a few short weeks ago that Eberhard won something of a victory in an opening skirmish of what had threatened to be a long campaign when a judge slapped down Tesla's anti-SLAPP motion.
The civil lawsuit filed by Tesla co-founder Martin Eberhard against Tesla Motors and its CEO Elon Musk has been suddenly dropped. It was just a few short weeks ago that Eberhard had won something of a victory in an opening skirmish of what had threatened to be a long campaign when a judge slapped down Tesla's anti-SLAPP motion.
Following up on yesterday's decision in a San Mateo, California court, ex-Tesla Motors CEO Martin Eberhard's legal team has issued a statement of its own regarding the lawsuit against Tesla Motors and Elon Musk. While Tesla's official response to the decision obviously focused on the judge's decision not to declare Eberhard as one of only two co-founders, there was more to the decision.
There aren't yet any news reports posted about the events in court today surrounding the Tesla Motors lawsuit filed by ex-CEO Martin Eberhard, but we know from a new statement put out by Tesla that the judge struck down Eberhard's request to be declared one of just two founders of the company. Tesla said it was pleased by this decision, and "definitely agree[s] that Eberhard's claims on the founder issue have no legal relevance." The judge did not throw out the case, however, as Musk and the Tes
The legal battle between Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk and ex-CEO Martin Eberhard continues tomorrow in San Mateo County Superior Court when Musk and Tesla's lawyers will ask a judge to toss out Eberhard's original lawsuit. Earlier this year, Eberhard filed a lawsuit that alleges that Musk, among other things, "committed a series of actions that not only resulted in the delay of the release of the Roadster to the consumer market, but also compromised Tesla Motors' financial health." Eberhard is als
And the battle goes on. Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk and his company are fighting back in court against ex-CEO Martin Eberhard. Tesla spokeswoman Rachel Konrad sent us copies of two motions filed on June 29 in California Superior Court in San Mateo. In short, the defendants are claiming that Eberhard's claims are utterly baseless. Tesla is proclaiming that Eberhard's action is a SLAPP suit (SLAPP stands for Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) and is an attempt to intimidate and silence
While things have been quiet on the Tesla legal front in the battle for recognition between Martin Eberhard and Elon Musk, some of the bystanders in the saga are continuing to come forward with their takes of the story. Earlier this week, we heard from Tesla's former senior vice president of marketing, Darryl Siry, in a piece that ran on Wired. Now, former communications director David Vespremi is responding with a counterpoint to Siry's article.
While things have been quiet on the official legal front in the battle for recognition between Martin Eberhard and Elon Musk, some of the bystanders in the saga are continuing to come forward with their takes of the story. Earlier this week we heard from Tesla's former SVP for marketing Darryl Siry in a piece that ran on Wired. Now, former communications director David Vespremi is responding with a counterpoint to Siry's article.
As the legal battle between Elon Musk and Martin Eberhard continues to percolate, a new/old voice has chimed in publicly on the controversy for the first time. Current Peppercom clean-tech analyst and ex-Tesla SVP of Marketing Darryl Siry has penned a piece for Wired that gives a different spin on the story. Rather than come down on the side either of the adversaries in this mess, he calls out both for the mistakes made along the way, and looks elsewhere for the real inspiration for the creation
Martin Eberhard has obviously been busy these last few weeks. With a lawsuit currently pending in court against Tesla Motors and its CEO Elon Musk, Eberhard has apparently still had enough time to write an interesting article on the effects of blogging and how it helped build the Tesla Roadster. Specifically, Martin is referring to Tesla's official blog, the first post of which Eberhard wrote shortly after the Roadster's official launch back in the summer of 2006.
The only thing surprising about Martin Eberhard's latest move is that it took so long to happen. Eberhard was co-founder of Tesla Motors along with Mark Tarpenning, and he was ousted from the company in November 2007 by then-chairman Elon Musk. Musk has never been one to hide his feelings about other people (or much of anything) – and comments he has made about Eberhard and his role in the company have clearly not gone over well.