Former Car and Driver executive editor and veteran automotive journalist Mark Gillies has signed on with the Volkswagen PR machine as product and technology communications manager. Gillies spent 28 years making the rounds among automotive publications, working as an editor at David E. Davis, Jr.'s Automobile Magazine, and churning out copy for England's CAR and Autocar. Gillies also spent time hunting down stories for AutoWeek and Classic & Sportscar.
In all of recorded employment history, it has never been a good thing when the boss "requests" that employees talk up the company, especially when non-employees know that those workers are operating under orders. Nevertheless, that is exactly the road Ford appears to have taken as part of the "Way Forward," asking each employee to become a "walking advertisement" for the blue oval.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX