You laugh at the term "clutchless automatic" and roll your eyes when anyone praises their car's manumatic. Your car has three pedals, thank you, the way God intended. Right? It's time you let the world know your position on the issue by joining the Three Pedal Club. Get it in gear and pick up one of the club's t-shirts before the clutch goes the way of the foot-controlled headlight dimmer.
It looks like the dual-clutch preselector transmission is emerging as the leader in automated manuals. Volkswagen's DSG has been around a while and offers fewer compromises than less purpose-built manuals. Ford's champing at the bit to get their own trick DSG-like transmission into production, and it looks like we'll see such a unit drop soon with the PowerShift moniker. Gearbox maker Getrag has several different variations on the theme, and word is they'll start off in PAG brand like Volvo firs
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX