From electric Jeepneys and electric tuk-tuks to a coconut oil-fueled bamboo taxi, the Philippines are no stranger to renewable energy vehicles. The pace of change could increase significantly soon, if a plan supported by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) goes through and the efforts of Manila Electric come to fruition. The ADB is providing a $300-million loan to help get 100,000 electric trikes on the streets of the Philippines by 2017.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX