Whatdya know? Malcolm Bricklin's name popped up on our RSS feed reader again. And, yes, the news is China related, but this time the story's completely different. Instead of a budget-priced hybrid car built in China, Mr. Bricklin is working on plans for a luxury-priced plug-in electric car built in China.
Malcolm Bricklin Chery
The relationship between Malcolm Bricklin's Visionary Vehicles and Chinese automaker Chery seems to be changing, Autoweek reports. According to The Wall Street Journal, Bricklin wasn't satisfied with Chery's safety and quality control and will instead design his own cars. The WSJ story says Visionary Vehicles plans to hire Western designers whose creations would be built by a Chinese company to be named later.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies