What a coincidence. Iranian strongman Mahmoud Ahmadinejad recently removed government subsidies on gasoline, causing prices to quadruple overnight. This week, Iran Khodro Company (IKCO), the region's largest automaker, has announced its future models will incorporate micro hybrid (ie. start/stop) and mild hybrid technology. In fact, the first 200 units of their Samand El Microhybrid X are planned to be released onto the market later this month.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!