Automobile has taken a look into the medium-term future product plans of the German automakers, and one of the interesting nuggets is that BMW is still working on an M8. An updated BMW M1 has been a fantasy since the last of the 456 original M1s rolled off the line in 1981, and we're told that the coming M8 will finally be the proper successor.
Unlike Mercedes-Benz which produces AMG badged versions of just about every model in its lineup, BMW has maintained greater exclusivity with the M badge. Until last year's launch of the X6 M and X5 M, there have only been four M models (not counting the M1), but one M got as far as prototyping and testing, but never produced: The M8.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX