You can easily locate a Land Rover or a Range Rover from your local classified ads – but how about a Lunar Rover?
There are a lot of awards handed out at the Great Moonbuggy Race, from 'Most Improved' to 'Crash and Burn,' but the one every team wants is the first-place trophy. This year was the 20th year of the annual event, held at the US Space & Rocket Center under the auspices of NASA, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman and Aerojet, and it was two teams from Puerto Rico that took first in both high school and college divisions.
Goodyear is getting closer to the next generation "tire" that could be used on wheeled rovers for space exploration. We highlight the word tire because those on the original lunar rover were made of piano wire with treads made of titanium cleats – no rubber, no air. A few years ago NASA began work on a new tire, the project another co-development with Goodyear, which made the originals.
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Tesla just installed Autopilot on all its cars
- How to drive an Acura NSX into a casino