It's not everyday that the opportunity arises to buy a car that is truly one of a kind, and it's even rarer for that car to have once held the title of fastest in the world. However, that is exactly the claim with this 1995 Lotec Mercedes-Benz C1000 that is up for auction on eBay Motors.
Ever since Henry Ford invented the assembly line and ushered in the era of mass production, exclusivity has become an increasingly exclusive commodity. A citizen of the United Arab Emirates beat the system by commissioning a car joint developed by Mercedes and Lotec called the C 1000. It features a lightweight carbon fiber body, twin-turbo 5.6L V8 producing a prodigious 1,000 horsepower, Hewkand 5-speed racing tranny and 4 Ram AP IMSA racing brakes. Performance figures are impressive with a run
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX