The history books are filled with defunct American automakers, from Duesenberg and Studebaker to Plymouth and Pontiac. But few of them are as missed by vintage automobile enthusiasts as Mercer. The company only operated between 1909 and 1925, but in that short span of time it produced one of the earliest, most successful racing machines: the legendary Type 35R Raceabout.
Long Island Automotive Museum
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX