EcoCity Vehicles has announced that it has signed an exclusive contract with Mercedes Benz to launch a new Mercedes "London cab" through its KPM-UK Taxis subsidiary. The cab offers low-CO2 emissions, can seat 6, is ready to accept wheelchairs and - thanks to its rear wheel transmission - can comply with London's famous statutory 25-foot turning circle. The cab is based on the Mercedes Vito Traveliner (pictured above). The new vehicle is aimed at London's approximately 25,000 licensed taxi driver
LTI taxis are one of easily-recognized symbols of Great Britain. Current models have a very competent VM Motori-sourced 2.5 liter diesel which gets 23 mpg on city driving (21 mpg with automatic) which is Euro IV compliant. But as anyone visiting a British city can assess, not all taxis have the latest iteration of clean engines.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies