London's boys in blue are to embark on a greener era of patrol with the unveiling of the Metropolitan Police's first electric motorcycle: the 2011 Zero DS.
Here in the good ol' U.S. of A., police cars are usually the largest vehicles available, with full frames and big V8 engines. It seems that something smaller and more economical will do for London's Metropolitan Police. According to their tests, the newest Lancer with the 2.0 liter DI-D diesel engine would perform admirably for police duty, earning a "Class 1 Pass for performance, brake pad wear, handling and localised component durability," according to the report.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX