When Volkswagen declined to negotiate a contract with Local 42 at its Chattanooga, TN, plant, the UAW filed charges of unfair labor practices with the NLRB.
After a rollercoaster push by the United Auto Workers to unionize the workforce at Volkswagen's plant in Chattanooga, TN ended in defeat in February, the UAW may yet get its way. In July the labor organizer chartered UAW Local 42 based on volunteer participation of "any interested employees." At the announcement, the UAW said that "Upon Local 42 signing up a meaningful portion of Volkswagen's Chattanooga workforce, we're confident the company will recognize Local 42 by dealing with it as a membe
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX