Toyota is teaming up with Ford and Livio to run its new app-based telematics system on the SmartDeviceLink platform, and is calling on other automakers to do the same.
Ford Motor Company has announced the acquisition of Livio, a Ferndale, MI-based software development company best known for aftermarket in-car connectivity devices, but also as a supplier of technology for proprietary systems for automakers. Livio, co-founded by Sigal and Massimo Baldini, will be a wholly owned subsidiary of Ford Global Technologies.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX