When Lingenfelter Performance Engineering announced it had crossed the 200-mph mark in its tuned Camaro ZL1, the man guiding the wheel was Hot Rod editor-in-chief Dave Freiburger. We saw a short video of the run in the 702-horsepower – that's at the wheels – coupe, but in the latest episode of Hot Rod Unlimited, Freiburger offers the long-form backstory of what it took to get to 202.6 mph exactly.
Lingenfelter Camaro Zl1
With the 2013 Shelby GT500 putting out 662 horsepower and 631 pound-feet torque, we're guessing that more than a few owners of the new Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 will be looking to even things up via the aftermarket. The speed-obsessed guys over at Lingenfelter Performance Engineering are already putting a few options on the table with a three new upgrade packages that boost the supercharged 6.2-liter V8 to anywhere from 630 to 700-plus horsepower.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX