It's not a new version of the BMW i3, but an updated version of a lightweight concept car from SABIC, BMW, the Technical University of Munich, Daimler and others does bear a certain resemblance to the well-designed plug-in city car. From the black "glass" in the hatch to the angled line tail lights to the up-and-down window line, you can see a sort of family resemblance (see an i3 comparison photo here). And, of course, they both have an electric powertrain.
Jay Leno is giving a behind-the-scenes look at how the EcoJet came about. On Leno's web site, a four minute film shows Leno and Ed Wellburn, GM vice president of global design, discussing the design process of the jet-powered car. A gallery of photos taken during the car's construction document the development from scale model to SEMA-ready.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX