Nissan took the wraps off its Leaf Nismo RC Concept at the New York Auto Show more than two years ago. As inferred, the vehicle shares many of its pure-EV components with the production Leaf currently sitting in your dealer's showroom. But don't assume the concept is a placid, family friendly, four-place, front-wheel-drive plug-in for grabbing groceries - the RC (as in "Racing Challenge") is a purpose-built, two-seat, rear-wheel-drive prototype race car tuned for the short track.
Leaf Rc Race Car
Remember the Nismo Leaf Nismo Concept show at the Tokyo Motor Show more than a year ago? To refresh your memory, it was a Nissan Leaf gussied up with an aerodynamic body kit, new wheels and a few cosmetic enhancements inside the cabin – the motor and powertrain remain unchanged. In any case, it appears that the green vehicle has received the green light for limited production.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX