Body-on-frame vehicles are becoming increasingly rare in the modern automotive landscape. The weight savings supplied by a monocoque chassis design have meant that framed cars basically only exist today in the world of pickup trucks and large SUVs. However, they do offer one huge advantage over unibodies – if necessary, the platform can be detached and replaced underneath the vehicle.
Land Rover Discovery Series 2
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX