The story we posted about a dealership accepting Bitcoins as payment for a Tesla Model S is reportedly only partially true. Lamborghini Newport Beach instead used BitPay to exchange the electronic currency for US dollars before completing the sale, according to "Squawk on the Street" on CNBC.
Lamborghini Newport Beach
Maybe you've heard of Bitcoin by now, but if you haven't, here's what you need to know: it's a decentralized, electronic currency contained in the world's first completely open financial network (for a better understanding, visit this informative Washington Post article). Bitcoin can be used to buy all sorts of products through the growing list of vendors who accept the currency, and Lamborghini Newport Beach now can be added to that list.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX