Have you ever traveled around with a plug adapter for different wall sockets? The need for a car version of these adapters, albeit in a much larger scale, is what BMW's Klaus Draeger and Daimler's Thomas Weber discussed at the 2008 World Automotive Congress of FISITA, the international association of automotive engineers. Both said that the EV technology, vital if we want to curb CO2 emissions, could be so expensive that single automakers might not be able to cope with its cost. They also called
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX