The Kia Optima is headed to the World Challenge next year. Kia has announced that it will once again partner up with Kinetic Motorsports, this time to build a pair of Optima SX models to go fender to fender with the rest of the World Challenge field. The two turbocharged sedans will compete in the Grand Touring Sport Class against vehicles like the Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro, if you can believe that.
Kia has only been racing for two years, but during this past season of the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, the plucky Korean brand recorded both its first-ever first place finish and won the driver and team championships for the entire season. Teams don't usually win their first race and wind up champions in the same season.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX