Automakers rolled out the red carpet for Hollywood debuts of their latest concepts and new models at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show. This year we noticed that a bit of the tech you'd expect from CES seemed to be invading the space--much like automakers are invading CES. There was a connected car consortium display on the ground floor, along with the futuristic Design Challenge and all around news about upcoming technologies for 2013 and beyond.
Kia's UVO has been rolled out to generally appreciative audiences, the head-unit system combining with your smartphone to provide a wide range of voice-command operation. Kia boffins have returned to the lab, though, to develop a second-gen UVO interface that doesn't require your phone to be fully functional.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX