Last week at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Kia showed off a hybrid version of its new 2011 Sorento powered by a twin turbocharged diesel engine displacing 1.6 liters mated up to a dual clutch gearbox. While the Korean automaker didn't give any official indication that the powertrain could make it to production, an unnamed source reportedly told Autocar in the U.K.:
Kia Sorento Hybrid
In addition to the production version of Kia's new Venga and ECO-dynamics range of automobiles, the Korean automaker has announced plans to show off two new concept vehicles, each with a different hybrid powertrain. First up is the cee'd Hybrid, which will pair a 1.6-liter four cylinder engine running on gasoline to a powertrain very similar to the recently-released Forte LPI Hybrid that will also be in attendance.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX