Hyundai and Kia may have separate product lineups, but the two Korean automakers are owned by the same company. But while the two companies have shared platforms and engines on most occasions, for some reason, Hyundai received a rear-drive platform and the impressive Tau V8 engines for its Genesis range while Kia was left out of the fun.
The Frankfurt Motor Show is still a couple of months away, but the trickle of pre-show teasers and announcements has already begun. The latest release is from Kia, which will be presenting a new 2+2 sports coupe concept at the September show designed and constructed at its Frankfurt design studio. Similar in size to the Audi TT, the unnamed concept is expected to hit production as a relatively cheap RWD sports car. The new concept was penned by Chief Design Officer Peter Schreyer as a follow
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX