Were you expecting Bob Lutz?
General Motors isn't talking about how far the 2014 Chevrolet Spark EV can go before it needs a charge, but par for the course for today's electric vehicles i2 around 70-100 miles. GM CEO Dan Akerson today confirmed that the company is working on a 200-mile EV (perhaps a Spark, perhaps not) during a speech at the IHS Ceraweek conference in Houston. According to Bloomberg, he said, GM is "running a dual play" with EV technology to develop both a 100-mile and a 200-mile EV.
Newly minted Volvo CEO Stefan Jaoby got to practice his auto show routine at the Paris Motor Show, and soon he'll be bringing his act to the U.S. Jacoby has been announced as they keynote speaker for the LA Auto Show on November 17, and according to a Motor Press Guild rep he is "expected to share his vision of the U.S. and Chinese auto markets, and viable alternative fuel solutions."
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX