Attorney Ken Feinberg has jumped from one automotive debacle to another. Volkswagen said it has retained the settlement specialist to compensate diesel car owners affected by the company's cheating on emissions tests.
The General Motors ignition switch compensation fund has the macabre task of determining whether to pay settlements to those hurt by the automaker's faulty parts. The group, led by attorney Kenneth Feinberg, has been accepting claims since August 1, and the latest statistics have brought to light quite a grisly figure. It has now offered 100 people remuneration for injuries or deaths due to the bad switches.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX