Well, Katie Rogers' 80 days are up. We spoke with Rogers, who lived for almost three months without a car in L.A., a town where people often say you need a car to survive, at the Santa Monica Alt Car Expo in December. With the end of the 80 day-affair, Rogers says her lifestyle has quickly changed back to being car-dependent, but she's still going to try to use the public transportation/bike method to get to work once a week.
- Sebastian Blanco
- Dec 13, 2006
The Alt Car Expo featured not only alternative fueled cars, but also alternatives to cars. Bikes, skateboards and public transportation were all present at the event. One of these alternative booths was staffed by people from in-production documentary Carless in L.A.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models