Rebuilt UK EV Enfield beats its old quarter-mile time by more than a second at Santa Pod.
A UK-based car journalist has bought a 1974 Enfield 8000 battery-electric vehicle and has big? little? big plans to soup up the two-seater with a modern, more powerful electric motor. The car's original electric motor was damaged in a flood, according to writer Jonny Smith's blog.
Fans of British car shows take heart. Nope, we're not talking about Top Gear, but it's cross-town rival Fifth Gear. The Channel 5 car show that picked up after the original Top Gear was canceled was itself the victim of cutbacks recently. In the face of reduced viewership (compared to the five million who watch Top Gear regularly) and reduced ad revenue from belt-tightening automakers, network executives canceled the show back in October. By December, however, sources indicated that there was st
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX