Joe Sylvester takes truck jumping very seriously, that much is obvious. Back in 2010, Sylvester rocketed his 1,400-horsepower, 2006 Cadillac Escalade skyward, and didn't come back to Earth until he had gone some 208 feet forward; a world record at the time.
Joe Sylvester is a determined man. Keeping his right foot planted while a 1,200-horsepower, 512-cubic-inch supercharged engine wails in his ear and a dirt ramp rapidly fills up his vision takes guts. It requires supreme confidence in your machine and your team. Joe Sylvester is a determined man because he wants to do something which no one else has done. Mr. Sylvester's goal is to take a monster truck... and make it fly.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!