It's just one in a laundry list of factors, but more fuel-efficient cars could make a difference in lowering oil prices dramatically to half their present levels, plunging to $50 a barrel by the end of the year. That's what Gulf Oil CEO Joe Petrowski is predicting in a new interview on CNBC's Squawk Box, though he is quick to point out that a halving of oil prices doesn't necessarily translate to a halving of fuel prices. And, as CNN reports, lower oil prices could mean protests in oil-producing
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX