Jim Nabors may be best known for playing Gomer Pyle, but he's been part of Indy 500 for over four decades. Now that he's retiring, though, the race organizers have nominated an Indiana-based a cappella group to uphold the tradition.
The 2014 Indianapolis 500 will mark the end of an era, as it will be the last year that Jim Nabors will sing "Back Home Again in Indiana" before the race. Nabors first belted it out ahead of the 500-mile race in 1972, and aside from two years, has sung before every race since 1987.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX