Click image for gallery
What is it with slapping jet engines on all forms of four-wheeled machina? The latest is this one-of-a-kind shifter kit with a jet engine built by "Turbo" Tim Arfons, according to Winding Road, who is the son of Bonneville Salt Flats legend Art Arfons. The kart features a JFS100 turbine that was commandeered from its previous life as a starter for the main engine of an A-7 Corsair fighter plane. The jet engine can spin to a lofty 72,000 rpm and run on either jet fuel, diesel or kerosene –
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies