Jaguar's upcoming BMW 3 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class fighter that we've seen testing wearing a modified XF body is poised to use a lot of aluminum in its construction. Edmunds reports that the entry-level luxury sedan, long rumored to be called XS (or perhaps the Q-Type, according to Edmunds), will have an all-aluminum monocoque body structure, similar to the XJ, to save weight. Edmunds also reports that it will go on sale in 2014 as a 2015 model. Automotive News has a different story, and r
Jaguar 3 Series Fighter
We're set to record Autoblog Podcast #323 tonight, and you can drop us your questions and comments regarding the rest of the week's news via our Q&A module below. Subscribe to the Autoblog Podcast in iTunes if you haven't already done so, and if you want to take it all in live, tune in to our UStream (audio only) channel at 10:00 PM Eastern tonight.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX