This is what it looked like when Mark Higgins set the lap record at the 37.75-mile TT Mountain Course on the Isle of Man in 2011 in a Subaru WRX STI. And it will probably look much the same when Higgins returns to the chunk of land in the Irish Sea to with the aim of breaking his record, set at an average speed of 115.36 miles per hour, but he'll do so in a 2015 WRX STI.
Isle Of Mann
Sadly, the qualities that might land a racetrack on a "10 Best" list are the same ones that would place it on this list of the 10 Most Dangerous Race Tracks. Drivers and the automakers that fund their right feet are drawn to the challenge of conquering the world's most difficult sets of turns, taming the fastest straights and enduring the longest trials, and we spectators like nothing more than to watch them try. That's why over a century of auto racing has narrowed down the list of truly great
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX