We've known for a while that the new iPhone 3G would have the magic of GPS, but we didn't fully realize how that power might benefit car owners. While we've seen a few semi-cool, car-centric applications available for the device -- from mpg calculators to maintenance reminders -- this program could prove the most useful for the forgetful among us.
For those living under a rock, you'll be surprised to learn that Apple announced a new iPhone today that, along with 3G support for faster downloads, features GPS built into the popular phone. While current iPhones can pinpoint your location and provide a Google Map to a destination, they can't hold your hand while traveling and let you know when to turn. The new iPhone available July 11th will be able to do just that like GPS nav systems from well known manufacturers like TomTom or Garmin. We d
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX