Once asked by Adam Carolla what this blogger's two favorite cars were, I replied the Lamborghini Murcielago and the Gumpert Apollo. Proving that this August is the cruelest month as far as niche German carmakers are concerned, the latter company, Gumpert, just filed paperwork to begin provisional insolvency proceedings in Altenburg, Germany. This month has seen fellow Teutons Artega and Melkus file for bankruptcy.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX