What's in a name? When it comes to cars, it can be a lot more than you think. Infiniti caused quite a bit of hubbub late last year when it announced it would be changing its vehicle names so that all of its cars start with Q and all of its crossovers and SUVs start with QX. Now, the luxury division of Nissan has posted a video that it says explains the historically relevant reason for the new Q badge.
Infiniti's answer to the hot new sports sedans from BMW, Cadillac and Lexus is creeping closer and closer to its August 5 arrival in dealerships. And while we yet can't pass judgment on the Infiniti Q50 – formerly known as G37 – 3,650 Americans are apparently ready to, as they've already raised their hands for the 2014 model.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!