Protean Electric has received noteworthy praise for its unique in-wheel electric drive propulsion system. Car and Driver named it one of the 10 Most Promising Technologies for 2013. This ranking accompanies the publication's 10 Best Cars Celebration, which has existed for more than three decades in the world's largest auto enthusiast magazine.
Have you ever thought that putting motors inside the wheels of a vehicle may a more elegant way of providing propulsion? It would certainly eliminate a number of energy-robbing parts; transmission, driveshafts, differentials and make the drivetrain more modular and provide additional space for other energy storage/creation devices. Like so many things, in-wheel motors have already been done, but technology and our ability to integrate them into wheels has changed a lot since the first in-wheel m
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX