Just a day after General Motors issued a recall for 1,713 Chevrolet Impala Police Sedans in Canada, it has issued the same recall for 36,413 Impala cruisers in America. The issue concerns the front lower control arms on 2008-2012 model year patrol cars, which can fracture and separate from their mounts.
- Jonathon Ramsey
- Aug 9, 2012
- Jeremy Korzeniewski
- Mar 19, 2010
It used to be that every full-line American automaker offered a version of its mainstream full-size sedan to make it appropriate for police duty. By the time 1996 rolled around, the Chevrolet Caprice, which was the last would-be competitor to the standard-setting Ford Crown Victoria, was discontinued, leaving the lucrative police market to the Blue Oval Boys.
- 2018 Mustang GT does 0-60 in under 4 seconds
- How dealers are price-gouging Dodge Demon
- New Car Buying Guides
- 2018 Honda Accord is sleeker, more efficient
- Mercedes X-Class pickup truck revealed
- Find and compare 2017 Models