An example of how the two different Hyperloop companies are approaching their task can be seen in a new video and a new agreement.
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies
Hyperloop Transportation Technologies intends to build a five-mile circuit next year as the centerpiece of a planned community in California. The short course wouldn't allow for the high speeds that could be possible from a longer design, but it allows the company to work out pod designs.
The Hyperloop looks like it's going beyond hypothetical design and turning into something that could actually ferry passengers from San Francisco to Los Angeles in one hour. A new company, Hyperloop Transportation Technologies Inc., has been launched and is being co-led by former director of mission operations for SpaceX, Dr. Marco Villa, and Dr. Patricia Galloway, who has an impressive science and engineering background.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX