That sound you hear is the sound a few thousand Toyota Prius owners from the Old Dominion State clapping. That's because a tax on hybrids that Virginia enacted last year will most likely be eliminated.
Jamaica will join the list of countries or states that are rewarding hybrid vehicle purchasers with lower taxes on the importation of the cars. According to Finance and Planning Minister Dr. Omar Davies, "Our estimate is that this led to revenue loss of approximately $550 million during the last fiscal year. However, the greater objective of reducing our energy import bill is being served." That is some positive thinking, I would say. More than just hybrid cars are likely to be issued import tax
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies