Like to download new ring tones for your phone so that you don't sound like everybody else in the world that opts for the free cell phones from their chosen service provider? The same kind of thing is reportedly in the works for future electric cars.
It's been a little while since we've heard about the supposed dangers of electric and hybrid vehicles that shut down their engines and therefore stop producing the sound of fuel being ignited and exhaled, but the issue is apparently alive and well. Lotus Engineering and Harmon International, two heavyweights in their respective industries, have teamed up to create a new technology known as Electronic Sound Synthesis (ESS).
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX