Lotus unveiled a flurry of new concept models earlier this year at the 2010 Paris Motor Show. Five brand-new concepts took center stage, but there was a sixth vehicle unveiled that got far less press – the Lotus City Car. According to CAR Magazine, Lotus head Dany Bahar says that the City Car will arrive in production form for an October 2013 launch date.
While the most popular hybrids are currently small cars (for American tastes), the Volvo Group, makers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and other mostly diesel powered heavy equipment, is currently developing hybrid electric technology for heavy vehicles. We are all used to seeing dirty clouds of black smoke coming from a ground mover on a construction site, and technologies like this might reduce these significantly.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX