Any rejoicing over General Motors finding a possible buyer for the HUMMER brand may have been a bit premature. A spokesperson for AM General (the South Bend, Indiana, HMMWV manufacturer) has told a local TV station that rumors of its interest in Hummer are simply not true.
Hummer For Sale
General Motors CEO, Rick Wagoner, mentioned in passing that several parties have expressed interest in purchasing HUMMER and that GM is moving as quickly as possible to seal the deal. "We have some interested buyers," Wagoner told reports while attending the opening of a new GM engineering and development center.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX