General Motors was the first OEM to install Mircroheat's HotShot heated windshield wiper fluid system into its cars. That was in 2006. But the hot, wet good times didn't last long, with underhood fires causing GM to recall almost a million vehicles in 2008 due to problems it claimed were caused by the HotShot. For its part, HotShot didn't accept the blame, claiming GM's electrical system was at fault.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
There are no questions about this topic.Click here to ask!