Among these underreported cases were eight Takata airbag inflator ruptures not submitted.
Honda is in hot water due to an airbag glitch that is causing it to recall 405,400 vehicles. According to the campaign, the supplemental restraints might fire for no apparent reason. 342,000 of the affected vehicles are 2003 and 2004 Odyssey minivans, which gels with a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration investigation we reported on in June.
Honda has issued a voluntary recall of its 2012 Civic over a potential issue with the left driveshaft. There are 50,000 cars that might be affected by an improperly assembled part. The fault can lead to the shaft dislodging from the outer CV joint while the car is moving, resulting in a loss of power and the inability to prevent the car from rolling away in certain conditions when the car is parked.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX