It's hard to tell without another car for reference, but in the image above, 72-year-old Ernie Adams is driving a very small car. Actually, the technical name is a "dwarf car," a road-legal nearly-perfect replica of a full-sized car, and Adams built it from scratch. He's been building dwarf cars since 1965 – all of them from scratch, by hand. Adams was apparently the first to do it, and along the way he created the first dwarf race car and, unintentionally, the dwarf car racing series.
1 / 1
1 / 1
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!